The following activities/chores should be shared and performed by every member of a Hindu family, as the situation demands:
- Cleaning of the Home and surroundings
- Making the beds
- Washing , drying and ironing of clothes
- Cooking and serving of food, setting up for meals and after-meal clean-up of meal area and utensils
- Grocery shopping, cleaning, cutting and preparation of vegetables and grains for cooking; and helping with serving of food and clean-up after meals and snacks, including dishwashing
- Helping with the Püja (worship)- related duties such as lighting of “Deepa” (oil lamps) and “Agarbathi”s (incense sticks); ”Rangoli” decorations, performing the Puja ceremonies, accepting and distributing “Teertha” (holy water) from the “Puja” and Prasadam (blessed food) from the “Puja”, participating/conducting meditations and other religious activities. etc.
- Household cleaning- such as periodic cleans-up of bathrooms/toilets and kitchens/other rooms; vehicles etc.
- Attending to incoming phone calls
- Performing daily exercises.